Saturday, April 7, 2018

Inspired By All The Little Things

 

Hello everyone! Hope you're having a super Saturday and will find some time to join us in the new Inspired By All The Little Things challenge! This line-up of glass jars with fresh flowers is such a great inspiration photo! I went with a single jar for my card and used Zig clean color brush markers to color up the images after stamping with Versamark ink and heat embossing with Altenew's Pure White opaque embossing powder.  It's my favorite white EP!



I used #222 Pink Flamingo, #021 Light Carmine and #202 Peach Pink for the flowers; #051 Lemon Yellow, #045 Pale Green, #041 Light Green and #047 May Green for the leaves.  I only used #302 Haze Blue for the jar and later wished I'd have used a little darker shade of blue since it's barely visible.  I wanted subtle and I definitely got subtle!  I used a tag punch by SU for the sentiment and layered it over a banner die. Here's what else I used...

STAMPS: Peonies on Parade and Just the Jar: Quart by Papertrey Ink; New Beginnings by Verve (sentiment).
PAPER: Lime Green (Reverse Confetti); White and Black by PTI; Ranger watercolor paper; Licorice patterned papers by Bazzill Basics Paper.
DIES: Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical Die by PTI; Tag Sale: Quilted Die by PTI (banner); Peonies on Parade by PTI.

Quote from 365 Days of Wonder:
APR 7 - "Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
                 --Soren Kierkegaard  

6 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Your peonies are beautifully colored. I love the bit of gingham across the back and your scalloped edge. A lovely card.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so beautiful, Wanda! Love the coloring on those blooms!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful take on the inspiration photo, Wanda!

Silke Ledlow said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Darnell said...

Thank you for the tip on the e/p, Wanda! I've not been happy with the couple I've tried, so I'm going to give Altenew's e/p a try. Your design with the translucent vase, gingham, and bright green frame really help to make your beautifully painted flowers POP right off the card! I love it! Hugs, Darnell

KimCreate said...

Wanda, you're a card making machine! and they are all so pretty. Had to scroll thru a lot of cards to find this challenge, lol!