Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Color Throwdown


It's hump day and that means there's a new Color Throwdown Challenge on board! Broni is our hostess and has chosen a really beautiful color combo: coral, green and kraft!  

I started with a colorwash background using Abandoned Coral distress ink.  I used stamps from 3 different Reverse Confetti sets - one of which is retired (Fabulous Flamingo) yet still on my favorite list for flamingo images!


Here's what else I used...
STAMPS: Fabulous Flamingo, Petals 'n Posies, Fancy Words Coordinates - all by Reverse Confetti.
PAPER: Ranger watercolor CS; Kraft and White CS by PTI.
INK: Coral, Bellini, Lime Green, Parakeet, Bumblebee dye inks by Reverse Confetti; Versafine Onyx Black; Abandoned Coral distress ink by Ranger. 
DIES: Fabulous Flamingo, Petals 'n Posies, Diagonal Stripe Pretty Panel - all by Reverse Confetti; Stitched Sentiment Strips by MFT.

We're thrilled to have Cheiron Brandon as our guest designer for the month of March!  Welcome!


To play along with us, please go to the Color Throwdown Challenge blog for all the details!  For more inspiration from the rest of the design team, click on their links below:
Amy Rohl 
Amy Rysavy
Barbara Anders   
Broni Holcombe
Jodi Collins 
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put  
Vickie Zimmer 
Wanda Cullen (you are here) 

Cheiron Brandon  - March Guest Designer 

Quote from 365 Days of Wonder
MAR 7 - "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
             --Ralph Waldo Emerson
In my internet search on Pinterest for layout ideas for the flamingo stamp, I ran across this fun advice list and thought I'd share it on this post.  Remember...keep your beak clean - lol!
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You actually make it appear really easy with your presentation however I in finding
this matter to be actually one thing that I believe I would by no
means understand. It sort of feels too complicated and extremely large for me.
I am looking ahead to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

Rosemary said...

really fabulous design!! love, love, love that flamingo!!

Anonymous said...

WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for cura per dimagrire i fianchi