Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Color Throwdown



Happy Wednesday everyone! The temperatures are finally going above freezing here in VA and it feels like a much welcomed heat wave! At the time I was making this card on Sunday afternoon, we were without water and heat for 4 hours!  The house got down to 61 degrees even with 2 electric space heaters.  I was not a happy camper! 😩

It's time for another Color Throwdown Challenge and Jodi has chosen a beautiful group of colors: navy, aqua and pink!  Here is my take on it...

Reverse Confetti just had a fabulous release of new products on Monday, so this new Congratulations stamp set with matching Confetti Cuts was what I went to for a needed birthday card.  I'm also playing along with Seize the Birthday Challenge where Anything Goes and with the Fusion Card Challenge where I used only the sketch.  I created my own patterned paper by repeatedly stamping the confetti image using RC's Navy Blue, Magenta and Iced Aqua inks.  The Star Garland and Edge Essentials Confetti Cuts are also Reverse Confetti dies. The sentiment was white embossed using Altenew's Pure White EP.

Our guest star stamper this week is Jenny Hall from Jenny Stamps Up.  Congratulations! 

To play along with us, please go to the Color Throwdown Challenge blog for all the details!  For more inspiration from the rest of the design team, click on their links below:
Amy Rohl 
Amy Rysavy
Barbara Anders   
Broni Holcombe
Jodi Collins 
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put  
Vickie Zimmer 
Wanda Cullen (you are here)  
Debra James - January Guest Designer 

JAN 10 - Quote from 365 Days of Wonder:
"If the wind will not serve, take to the oars."                                              --Latin Proverb     

                   

3 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Wanda, your card is gorgeous. I didn't see it on the website so I came here on your blog...don't know if they forgot to post it or if it's me just not being able to see it.

Lindsey said...

Such a bright and happy birthday card! Pretty colours, too. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Michelle Lupton said...

Great take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with the Fusion challenge :)